- Updated calendar on website 2017-18
- Duke of Edinburgh's Award – Pate’s Newsletter November 2016
- Dodgeball & Donut Friday this week!
- Lawless – performances this week on 17th, 18th & 19th November @ 7pm
- PA request for helpers at Lawless interval
- Gloucester Cathedral Concert – Richard Pate 500th Birthday Celebration Concert on Thursday 24th November @ 7pm
- PA Family Quiz Night - Friday, December 2nd
- Fancy a stall at our German Christmas Market on Sat. 10th December?
- Calendar Update
- School Transport Update
- Donations of children’s coats
- National Music for Youth Proms
- Remembrance Parade on Sunday in Winchcombe at 10.30am
The school gathered to observe a minute’s silence around the quad this morning and a wreath of poppies was laid by senior cadets. There were poetry readings by Junaid Hameed and Max Rayner and Will Lewis sounded the Last Post. My thanks to them – they did it beautifully.
This morning’s assembly was led by sixth form charity committee - Nia Chittenden, Henri Ezard and Sulaiman Uppal - who are raising money in support of the incredibly important work of MIND mental health charity locally. Next Friday will be a dodgeball and donut affair! Yes the Krispy Kremes are back! – on sale in the hall at break – donuts will cost £1.50 each or £10 for a box of 12. Students can sign up for the Dodgeball tournament (£5 per team of 5) which will take place on Friday lunchtime. This is great fun for the students and all in an excellent cause – well done to the team for setting this up and thanks to everyone who supports it.
Also in assembly this morning Sam Thomas (Y10) sang one of the songs from the upcoming school show ‘Lawless’ (performances on Thursday, Friday and Saturday), accompanied by Josh Cottell on piano. What a stunning performance – musically, lyrically and vocally it was exceptional. This promises to be something really special, a first - Pate’s will be the only school of its kind in the country whose students have written and performed in their own musical show. It is a pleasure to see and reflects not only their ability, but also their can-do approach to life generally. Please do come along to see it if you can.
‘Lawless’ – a new musical – performances at Pate’s on Thursday, Friday and Saturday this week. Tickets cost £10 (adults) & £5 (students) and are available to buy on Ticketsource (here) or over the counter at Reception. Please come and support the company of over 100 students across all year groups, who will give you a night to remember and a proud first for our school.
The PA is still in need of volunteers to run the refreshments during the 20-minute intervals in the refectory at next week's ‘Lawless’ premiere performances.
Gloucester Cathedral Concert – Richard Pate 500th Birthday Celebration Concert on Thursday 24th November @ 7pm. Tickets are now on open sale for this event, at a cost of £5 each. Please follow this link to Ticketsource. This will be a special occasion in the Pate’s calendar and students from The Richard Pate School will be performing alongside our students, in the stunning setting Gloucester Cathedral.
If your son or daughter is taking part in the concert at the cathedral on 24th November, please follow this link regarding the necessary parental consent (if you haven't already done so). Thank you.
PA Family Quiz Night is being held on Friday, December 2nd - when the school refectory will be transformed into a buzzing hive of friendly rivalry as 30 teams battle it out for supremacy. Doors will open at 6.30pm to get started on the picture rounds (although there is time allocated later on for this too) and the Quiz will start promptly at 7pm. Bring your supper (crisps to extravagant picnic) and the PA will be running a bar for drinks. Make up a team of up to 6 people, all ages and abilities. It is £30 a team to enter. Simply fill in your entry form (click here to download entry forms, also available from the PA forthcoming events section of the website here) and hand this, plus payment (cheques to PGSPA or cash) in at Reception. Don't delay - the Quiz sells out quickly.
• Mon 14th Nov @ 6.30pm in the hall – Ski Trip Parents’ Information Meeting
• Tues 15th Nov @ 3.45pm in the refectory – DoE Silver/Gold info meeting
• Wed 16th Nov @ 6pm in the refectory – Senior Rugby Tour to South Africa 2018 – launch meeting. ** Please book onto this event via Ticketsource (here). Thank you.
• Tues 22nd Nov @ 3.45pm in the refectory – DoE Bronze info meeting
• Fri 25th November – INSET DAY - NO STUDENTS IN SCHOOL
• Mon 28th November – INSET DAY - NO STUDENTS IN SCHOOL
• Wed 30th November @ 7pm in the hall – Y11 Parents Info meeting
Trips this week:
• 14.11.16 Yr13 Cadbury World P3-5
• 20.11.16 Yr10 Theatre Trip to Bristol Old Vic 12pm-6pm
School Transport Update: in addition to the routes previously mentioned, here is another route being considered with effect from September 2017:
A Pate’s parent is taking a trip to Calais to offer help to the refugees and has appealed for warm waterproof coats (size up to age 15). If you are able to help please leave any donations at main reception before Friday. Thank you.
I would like to wish the best of luck to all the students singing in the county youth choir / orchestra at the National Music for Youth Proms at the Royal Albert Hall in London on 15th November. They are: Dom & Tim Andrew, James Burchell, Emma Clarke, Katy Daly, Lucy Day, Mirren Derby, Isaac Fee, Sam Gibson, Flo Graham, Ali Hall, Hannah Hughes, Sam Jones, Delilah Knight, Aaron Le Maistre, Liv Pearce and Tristan Sharman. This is as well as Jazz Chiswick, Josh Cottell, Tom Davies and Daisy Houlder, whom we mentioned last week. It is incredible to see so many Pate’s students involved at such a high level (I hope we have everyone included…!) Please follow this link if you would like to buy tickets.
Finally, I look forward to seeing some of you at the Remembrance parade in Winchcombe on Sunday at 10.30am, when our cadets will be paying their respects at the war memorial.