Reminder: please collect House Drama DVDs from main reception this week.
- Pate’s Open Evening on Tuesday – student tour guides needed! 5.20-8.30pm
- Support Staff Vacancies for Cover Supervisors - here
- Cory Band Concert – Sun 8 Oct 3-5.30pm – tickets here
- Diwali Celebration – Sat 14 Oct 5-7.30pm – tickets here
- Calendar / Trips Update
- Student Achievements
- Lift-share enquiry (2 wks only) for Chalford Hill, Stroud area
Thank you to everyone who came to support House Music this week – our biggest yet! This year’s Revolution theme was an inspiration – with many interpretations, from ‘Made in Dagenham’ to Nintendo Wii to the Russian Revolution! Here are the trophy winners: Junior cup: Pembroke, Inter-cup: Gloucester, Senior cup: Beaufort, Girls Choir: Pembroke, Boys Choir: Beaufort, Junior Ensemble: Richmond, Senior Ensemble: York. Such a spectacle would not be possible without the incredible hard work and enthusiasm of our Director of Music, Ellie Lane, our Musician in Residence, Louise Turner, and Assistant Head, Rachel Thorpe, who somehow masterminds the logistics of a school show with over one thousand students participating! We had our photographer take lots of shots throughout the final performance and awards, and these will be available to buy (electronic copies) very cheaply - look out for them in my messages over the next couple of weeks.
In assembly this morning our new Community Committee shared their plans for this year, which include working with local care homes, reading with children, a hamper scamper, and a Christmas card competition, as well as spearheading the school’s recycling efforts. I am sure they will be great ambassadors for the school and look forward to hearing more from them over the coming weeks.
The latest edition of the Pate’s Review (special House Music feature), was published this week (available here). Well done to the Newspaper committee, especially to Nadia Protsyshyn and Nathan Bailey for all their hard work.
Support Staff Vacancies: we are looking to add to our bank of Cover Supervisors, working in school to cover lessons at times when teachers are absent due to trips, events, or sick leave, for example. Cover Supervisors would normally be contacted on an ad hoc basis when the need arises, often at short notice, using work set by teachers and performing any related activities to ensure the smooth running of the lesson. Cover supervisors may also be called upon to help with exam invigilation. Please follow this link for full details of this role, including the hourly rate, and how to apply. The deadline for applications has been extended to midnight on Monday 9th October.
Library News: The library has been buzzing with the launch of this year’s Bookbuzz. Run by the Book Trust, this scheme allows each Y7 pupil to choose a book to keep from a selection of carefully chosen titles. The classes have now made their choices and the order has gone in. The books are due in after half-term and will be given out during library lessons.
There is still time to buy tickets to see THE WORLD’S MOST FAMOUS BRASS BAND, who will be performing a concert at Pate’s on Sunday 8th October at 3pm. Tickets cost £10, or £15 to sit on the balcony, and are available here. We are so lucky and absolutely thrilled to have The Cory Band with us – this is an incredible opportunity - please don’t miss it!
- Tues 3 Oct – school finishes early at 2pm (buses arrive early) due to open evening
- Tues 3 Oct – please note that there will be no school lunch due to the early finish
- Tues 3 Oct – Pate’s Open Evening 5.30-8.30pm
- Wed 4 Oct 7-8pm – Parents’ Association AGM
- Thurs 5 Oct 6.30-8.30pm – Y12 Parents’ Speaker and Social event (book here)
- Sun 8 Oct 3-5.30pm – Cory Brass Band Concert - tickets available here
- Tues 10 Oct - school finishes early at 2pm (buses arrive early) due to staff training
- Tues 10 Oct – please note that there will be no school lunch due to the early finish
- Thurs 12 Oct 5.30-7.30pm – Y7 Parents’ Social
- Sat 14 Oct 5-7pm – Diwali Celebration – tickets available here
- Tues 17 Oct – India Trip Parents’ Information Evening 4-5.30pm in Refectory
- Tues 17 Oct – Music Recital 6-7.30pm (more details to follow)
- Wed 18 Oct – School finishes for half term at 3.40pm
- Mon 30 Oct – School restarts
Trips this week:
Y10 - Art trip to Gloucester Cathedral – 21 Students – 09:00-15:20
Y12 - Road Safety Trip – All Yr12 Students off site – 09:20-11:50
District Swimming Gala Competition: A fantastic display from several Pate's students as they took to the water in the District Swimming Gala. A relay competition in which Pate's represented in every single race both boys and girls, juniors, inters and senior categories. The Pate's team competed strongly in every event, placing either 1st, 2nd or 3rd in every single race on the day! There were a total of 12 events so this is quite an accomplishment! Two records were beaten by Pate's swimmers, both by the Inter Girls Relay team setting new competition records in both of their events! Each and every swimmer was a credit to the school even with a false start from one of the senior boys! Well done to all that took part and thank you for being so professional on the day!
We have welcomed our Chinese exchange students from Hailiang this morning and are looking forward to having them in school for the next two weeks. My thanks to Sam Attwood, Head of Languages, for organising the exchange and thanks also to the families who are having the students to stay with them. Also, just a reminder that school finishes early at 2pm for the next two Tuesdays - buses will arrive early at 2pm and there will therefore be no lunch on those days.