- School Council elections
- Open Evening update
- Parents’ Association update
- Sport – Pate’s 1st XV beats Cheltenham College – again!
- Pate’s Alumni
Come to my house if there are other options for me it seems stupid propecia online and it is here that you can hear a lot of interesting facts regarding which you have never heard of.
I am looking forward to our annual open evening on Tuesday and am very grateful to all the parents who are dropping off and picking up our student tour guides. The school site and surround will be quite busy and it would be a good idea for parents and students to agree where to meet at the end of the evening. Students should bring a packed tea if they are staying on after school to help, otherwise they need to be back in school by 5.15pm and will be finished around 8-8.30pm. Thank you for your support. Please note that school finishes early at 2pm on this day.
- Open Evening (& early 2pm finish) Tues 6th October
- Parents’ Association AGM – Wed 7th October @ 7pm in the Art Gallery. All parents are welcome to attend.
- Y7 parents’ social evening – Thurs 15 October @ 7pm
- Y10 Parents Information Evening – Tues 13th October @ 7pm in the hall – including important new information on changes to entry into the sixth form.
- Jane Overbury, our Art Technician in school, is holding an exhibition of her work in the Gallery beginning with a private viewing on Wednesday 14th October 6-8pm. Parents and students are invited to come along enjoy Jane’s gorgeous watercolours over a glass of wine or juice.
- Sound of Music school show update: Students have been informed that there will be a singing rehearsal on Thurs 8th October afterschool until 5pm in PAB. All who would like to be involved in the show are very welcome to come along. The first full whole cast rehearsal will take place on Sunday 18th October 10-4 in the hall.
- Diwali Night fundraising event – Saturday 7th November 5-7pm in the hall. Parents are invited to join us to celebrate Diwali Festival of Lights with an evening of Indian Classical Dance. There will be a bar available and a selection of Indian food on offer. The dancers will be performing Bharatanatyam, which is one of the most popular traditional dances of India, dating back almost 2000 years. The girls performing the dances are Pate’s students past and present and they will be joined by renowned dancer and choreographer Anusha Subramanyam, founder of Beeja dance school in London. This will be a unique and very enjoyable evening and all the proceeds will be directly reinvested in the school to benefit our students. Please click on the poster below to order tickets (also available to buy over the counter at main reception). We are very grateful to the Gowri Shankar family for so generously organising this authentic cultural experience in aid of our Making £nds Meet fundraising campaign. Thank you for supporting this fundraising event.
- Trip Launch - Y9 & 10 Spanish Trip to Málaga and Granada in March 2016. I am pleased to inform you that we will be running a visit to southern Spain in the spring term. In order to support the GCSE Spanish Course we are offering Year 9 and Year 10 pupils the opportunity to spend 5 days (4 nights’ accommodation) in Málaga. Please click here for full details and reply slip. Deposits of £150 need to be paid via Schoolcomms by 21st October.
- Dry SKI Slope Lessons - reminder that slips need to be returned as soon as possible.
1st XV triumph over Cheltenham College again: I am delighted to report that on Tuesday 29th September the 1st XV beat Cheltenham College 21-12 for the second year running. The match was played in glorious sun shine on College Lawn in front of a good crowd. The College dominated early possession but Pate’s defended passionately. The players rallied round each other and began to take control of the game with some strong running by forwards and backs. Tries were scored by forwards Elliot Gale and Seb Ellis and Jake Ritter’s kicking from the tee added the rest of the points. Congratulations to everyone involved.
Pate’s Alumni: Matthew Williams-Ellis left Pate’s in 2007 and is now working as a professional travel photographer. Matthew has an exhibition in London, 29 October – 7 November. Please visit his website (here) to see some of his work and details of his exhibition.
This weekend is the first of the Cheltenham Literature Festival and there are various Pate’s trips attending author events over the coming fortnight. I know many families will be visiting the festival this weekend and I hope the pleasant weather holds out for us.